Collision and Paint
Mentors @ Work provides a web-based Mentoring
System specific to the collision industry.
Mentors @ Work provides a web-based Mentoring/Apprenticeship System that gives you the ability to
grow your own employees in your shop. The Mentors @ Work System:
- Helps shop owners and managers attract Apprentices
- Provides information on successful training methods
- Through "We'll Manage It!", Mentors @ Work will provide one-on-one mentor training, apprentice orientation, bi-weekly "Coach Call" management of the duo and periodic in-depth analysis sessions.
- Enhances owner or manager knowledge of their role in staff
- Establishes and evaluates Mentor and Apprentice candidates to determine if they can be successful...before the
program is even started!
- Evaluates the program's success from the owner's, the Mentor's, and
the Apprentice's point of view regularly throughout the Apprenticeship process
- Follows specific technical standards used by the collision industry
- Outlines pay methods that recognize the contribution of the Mentor,
the Apprentice, and meets the business alike
There is a shortage of quality employees in today's "trade"
and "technical" occupations. Occupational Mentoring opens an important door
for you to develop both new
and current employees. See some Collision Industry Statistics
on the technician shortage.
A journeyman collision repair
technician can produce between $150-300K of annual billable
The key players in the Mentor/Apprentice System are:
- The Program Coordinator - This is usually the owner, general manager,
or office manager
- The Mentor - A master or skilled journeyman who has the ability to teach those skills to an
- The Apprentice - An existing employee who can upgrade their job
skills or an inexperienced person interested in the industry
Apprentice candidates exploring a future in collision repair look for
- Know what young people really want
- Know how to look for talent and have an offer that makes sense
- Want them as employees
- Have a clear training system
- Have clear standards for measuring advancement and success
- Are interesting as long-term careers
- Pay well
Employees using a specific training or Mentoring/Apprenticing system tend to be more loyal and
stay longer with that company!
Employees grown in your own facility are more
likely to be loyal to your shop.
Most in-house training by small businesses is done "by the seat of the pants".
There is no structure, no Mentor training, no accountability, no recognition,
and no tracking.
Mentors @ Work provides a very precise system, including a proven owner/manager training
system, as well as the Mentoring/Apprenticeship plan itself. Mentors @ Work
has training, testing, and tracking for everyone involved.
Mentors @ Work provides a unique method to build employees using
and tracking to help business attract, train, and retain a better employee base.